Crunchy Asian Ramen Noodle Salad
Table of Contents
My Mom was ever awesome at having people over for dinner (mostly the missionaries from our church). I recall her ever making this salad for company, together with beingness the fiddling snot handbag I was sometimes, I turned my olfactory organ correct upwards at the salad. I persuasion it was super gross. I mean, I loved "Top Ramen" at the time, but anything alongside a slight scent of vinegar made me a fiddling queazy, together with I knew I didn't desire anything to do alongside it. Sad to say, I hadn't tried the salad since. Even when I saw this salad on the tabular array at a potluck dinner or barbecue, I skipped correct over it. Little did I know until quite recently, that I was making a pretty grave fault skipping over such a precious rock of a dish...
I saw this delicious salad inwards my Instagram feed from the oh-so-darling Gimme Some Oven, and I savage inwards love alongside her amazing photos. However, that salad looked all-too-familiar, together with all the memories of my Mom's giant tupperware total of this salad shaking roughly inwards the kitchen came correct dorsum into hear (even the odor - foreign how memories run sometimes). Instead of turning my olfactory organ at fifty-fifty the persuasion of making it, I decided to depository fiscal establishment jibe through the percentage list. The ingredients were all thus beautifully simple. Some were sweet, some had a fiddling crunch, together with some fifty-fifty had a fiddling toast inwards the oven to boost the flavor. Even though I spied a fiddling vinegar inwards the ingredients for the vinaigrette, I knew we'd all survive. I mean, practiced heavens, it's only vinegar.
Did you lot know you lot tin give the axe toast upwards ramen noodles? This recipe is genius! You toast upwards the noodles alongside the almonds, together with it makes a topping you lot volition desire to pose on whatever together with every salad you lot brand from hither on out! I also made the switch from regular cole slaw veggie mix, to broccoli slaw. It adds to a greater extent than of a rigid flavour where the low-cal cabbage mightiness guide maintain lacked, but I think it worked out beautifully. I also lessened the amount of vinegar inwards the dressing. We didn't role the whole dressing on the salad, I allow everyone determine how much they wanted per serving, together with I think that worked out great! There are thus many differences inwards texture inwards this dish, there's guaranteed to live something inwards it for everyone!
So inwards closing, I'd similar to tell a huge Sorry Momma for beingness the extremely picky eater I used to be. This salad is the bomb. Unfortunately, my boy is next correct inwards my picky footsteps... :)
Crunchy Asian Ramen Noodle Salad
makes 8-10 servings
ingredients:
salad:
1 (16oz) handbag of coleslaw mix (we used bacon slaw)
2 (3oz) packages of Ramen Noodles, crumbled.
1 C shelled edamame
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, together with diced
1 mango, peeled, pitted, together with diced
1/2 C almonds, sliced
1/2 C dark-green onions, thinly sliced
Asian beloved vinaigrette (ingredients & recipe below)
Asian Honey Vinaigrette:
2/3 C vegetable oil
1/3 C honey
1/2 C rice vino vinegar
2 1/2 t soy sauce
1/4 t sesame oil
pinch of common salt together with dark pepper
method:
1. To brand the salad: Heat oven to 425 degrees. On a cookie sheet, spread a layer of crumbled ramen noodles together with sliced almonds inwards ane layer. Bake for v minutes, stir carefully, thus bake for some other infinitesimal or 2 until they're all toasty. Remove from baking canvass together with dump into a bowl to cool.
2. In a large bowl, add together all salad ingredients, together with toss to combine (including toasted ingredients).
3. To brand the vinaigrette: In a salad dressing container (or tupperware), add together all ingredients together with thus milk tremble to combine. Drizzle over prepared salad. Serve immediately!
Recipe adapted from: Gimme Some Oven
Post a Comment