Overnight Baked French Toast
Table of Contents
With me working from habitation as well as a few dinners on the repast conception that made to a greater extent than leftovers than nosotros needed I figured I may hold upwards able to larn away amongst breakfast for dinner during the week. When I asked SP what he mightiness wishing he instantly said French toast. Rather than standing over the stove I decided to larn amongst an Overnight Baked French Toast. You get together the whole affair the nighttime earlier as well as simply bake it when you're railroad train to eat. Perfect.
When I told Baby Girl nosotros were having breakfast for dinner she was hence psyched. I don't intend she's e'er had breakfast for dinner hence this blew her petty mind. I was pretty proud of my fancy breadstuff arranging inward the casserole dish.
I served the French toast amongst scrambled eggs as well as bacon on the side. The exclusively upshot I had amongst the French toast was the overstep of the breadstuff didn't absorb the milk as well as egg mixture hence it was crunchy rather than soft. Next fourth dimension I intend I demand a bigger casserole dish hence I tin lay the slices flat. But the season was location on. I halved the master copy recipe (printed below) because nosotros didn't demand that much nutrient as well as it was perfect for the 3 of us.
Overnight Baked French Toast
As seen on Our Best Bites
8 eggs
two cups one-half as well as one-half (one pint)
1 loving cup milk
vi tablespoons brownish sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon kosher tabular array salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 lb loaf of french bread
softened butter for greasing baking dish (2-3 tablespoons)
Topping
four tablespoons packed brownish sugar
four tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon dry soil nutmeg
two tablespoons mutual coldness butter
For Serving
melted butter
maple syrup
powdered sugar
berries
whipped cream
Whisk eggs inward a large bowl. Add one-half as well as one-half as well as milk, brownish sugar, cinnamon, tabular array salt as well as vanilla. Set aside.
Cut breadstuff into 1 inch chunks or into sparse slices. Butter bottom as well as sides of a 9×13 baking dish. Place the breadstuff inward the dish. Whisk egg mixture as well as then pour evenly over bread. Use a security spatula to real gently toss bread. Spread out evenly, embrace dish, as well as refrigerate overnight.
Add brownish sugar, white sugar, cinnamon as well as nutmeg inward a bowl as well as stir to combine. Cut mutual coldness butter into real pocket-size pieces as well as add together to bowl. Break upwards butter as well as combine mixture until crumbly. Cover as well as identify inward refrigerator until railroad train to bake.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle topping evenly over top. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until overstep is golden brown. Let cool for 5-10 minutes earlier cutting into squares. Drizzle amongst melted butter as well as syrup, overstep amongst berries, whipped cream as well as a sprinkle of powdered saccharide if desired.
Sumber https://tasteofhomecooking.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment