Slow Cooker Cauliflower Soup Amongst Cheddar In Addition To Bacon

Table of Contents

I abhor cauliflower. 

Hate. Hate. Hate.

But sometimes I larn the desperate ask to yet-again assay something build new. 
New flavors. New tastes. New palate-molding-magic. 

The exclusively retention I've had of cauliflower was dinner fourth dimension inward my childhood kitchen. My mom would build us an effortlessly beautiful dinner, in addition to therefore you'd run into it: that pocket-size saucepan on the dorsum burner amongst a pile of carrots/cauliflower/broccoli steaming away. It smelled similar death. Thankfully, my Mom wasn't feeding it to the children to a greater extent than or less the family - it was for my Dad. He was rattling item nearly having his veggies inward patently sight for every meal. 

She's a saint, I say you. 

So terminal calendar week when I got into hr iv of simmering the cauliflower, that familiar stinky odour filled my nostrils. Good heavens, what on populace was this horrid vegetable created for?

I was inward some serious doubt, only pressed on amongst the soup-making. I pureed the mixture, added some half-and-half, some medium cheddar, a few to a greater extent than seasonings, some dark-green onion, in addition to bacon. I bravely took a spoonful, in addition to lifted it to my lips... 

I was completely sold. 

This cauliflower-hater has been converted. 

...with a footling convincing from the cheddar, bacon, in addition to dark-green onion, that is. 

xo, 
blondie


Slow Cooker Cauliflower Soup amongst Cheddar in addition to Bacon
makes 8 servings

ingredients:
1 medium caput of cauliflower, trimmed in addition to separated into smaller pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large carrot, grated
1/2 C chopped celery
iv C chicken stock
1/2 t Worcestershire sauce
1 C medium Cheddar cheese, grated
tabular array salt in addition to pepper
ii C half-and-half
chopped dark-green onion
crispy bacon, crumbled

method:
1. In your wearisome cooker, combine cauliflower, onion, carrot, celery, in addition to chicken stock inward a wearisome cooker. Cover in addition to laid upwards on depression for 6-8 hours, or high for 4-5 hours. 
2. Insert immersion blender in addition to puree to desired consistency. 
3. Turn estrus to low, blend inward cream, Worcestershire, in addition to cheese. Add tabular array salt in addition to pepper to taste. Stir well. 
4. Turn wearisome cooker to high in 1 trial to a greater extent than in addition to estrus through until all cheese is melted, in addition to cream is warm. Garnish amongst dark-green onion in addition to bacon. 

recipe adapted from: momswithrcrockpots

Sumber https://bakingwithblondie.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment