Spicy Okra Masala
Table of Contents
While the recipes mentioned higher upwards are the ones I autumn dorsum to whenever I gear upwards amongst okra, the recipes amongst okra are yesteryear no agency confined to that. Like most people I exercise non gear upwards okra all that oftentimes because I am afraid of the slime. Unless the okra is fresh the slime tends to overtake in addition to I ask to alter cooking vessels a duet of times earlier I am done. Last twelvemonth I constitute a farmer's stand upwards that sold fresh okra. This twelvemonth I did the side yesteryear side best affair in addition to decided to grow okra myself. What a deviation fresh okra makes.
Don't larn me incorrect fresh okra has slime merely it does non tend to stick to everything that comes inwards its way. I am reluctant to brand North Indian or to a greater extent than exactly Panjabi way vegetables amongst onion in addition to tomatoes that are a perfect side dish for chapatis or rotis generally because the dish tends to operate slimy. So when I got my hands on or in addition to then super fresh okra this is the dish I wanted to give a try. I am in addition to then glad I did, the slightly tangy masala amongst the crisp merely fully cooked okra amongst or in addition to then super soft chapthi were a delight.
| Wash in addition to dry out the okra in addition to chop them into 1/4 inch pieces. | |
| Add crude to a saute pan in addition to saute the okra till it starts to plow color, laid aside. Add to a greater extent than crude to the same pan, add together seasonings in addition to saute the onions till it starts to alter color. Add the spice powders. | |
| Add chopped tomatoes in addition to gear upwards till they plow mushy. Add tamarind pulp in addition to comprehend in addition to gear upwards for 6-8 minutes. | |
| Add the sauteed okra in addition to gear upwards for or in addition to then other five minutes or in addition to then till the masala becomes thick. | |
I used sambhar pulverisation inwards this recipe, in addition to then it cannot locomote called Panjabi yesteryear whatever stretch of the imagination. So amongst that inwards hear let's checkout the recipe,
Spicy Okra Masala
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:25 minutes
Ingredients
- About two cups of chopped okra
- 1/2 onion diced fine
- 2 juicy tomatoes (preferably tart) chopped fine
- 1/2 loving cup of tamarind H2O from nearly a minor grape size slice of tamarind
- 2 tsp of sambhar pulverisation
- 2 tsp of turmeric pulverisation
- 2 tsp of ruddy chili pulverisation
- salt to sense of savor
- seasonings: mustard, cumin seeds in addition to curry leaves
- 2 tsp of crude
- Wash the okra or lady's finger nearly a duet of hours or fifty-fifty the previous nighttime in addition to spread it on a kitchen towel to dry out in addition to then the wet is completely gone.
Method
- Wash in addition to pat dry out the okra in addition to permit it air dry out (see note:) in addition to die the okra into nearly 1/4 inch length.
- In a saute pan add together a tsp of crude in addition to saute the okra till they kickoff to plow chocolate-brown on the outside. Set aside.
- Wash the pan if it is dingy or else inwards the same pan add together the residue of the crude in addition to when hot add together the seasonings.
- When the mustard starts to popular add together the onions in addition to saute till it starts to plow chocolate-brown on the edges.
- Now add together the powders, turmeric, chili in addition to sambhar powder, give a adept mix in addition to add together the tomatoes. Saute for a duet of minutes in addition to add together the tamarind pulp.
- Mix, add together tabular array salt in addition to comprehend in addition to gear upwards for 5-8 minutes till the mixture is mushy.
- Add the sauteed okra pieces in addition to gear upwards for five to a greater extent than minutes till the mixture thickens. Check in addition to add together to a greater extent than tabular array salt if required.
Like what yous are reading? Subscribe!
Post a Comment