Summer Zucchini Saute Amongst Roasted Almonds

Table of Contents

It was 1 of those sign-straight-from-the-heavens moments. 

This calendar week nosotros went slow on the groceries, together with I had absolutely no novel recipes planned. I did, yet watch a few squelch together with zucchini to serve along side our gourmet (cough, cough) macaroni & cheese, grilled cheese, together with canned soup meals this week. Don't ask, it's only 1 of those weeks. 

I had no intention of doing anything to a greater extent than than peradventure chopping upwards the veggies together with steaming them amongst dinner.  

Then something really inspiring happened. 

That really afternoon, my Bon Appetit magazine (gifted subscription from Ryan's Aunt Sharon - yous rock, woman) came inward the mail. 

This recipe was solely a few pages in, together with I couldn't believe it. 

Thankfully, I had some leftover almonds inward my spice cabinet, or else I mightiness convey shied away from it. 

And what a shame that would convey been - This recipe practically made itself, together with tastes ridiculously delicious. I mean, fifty-fifty Ryan the zucchini/squash-hater ate it - together with LOVED it.

So, if yous convey a few extra zucchini or squelch lying approximately on your counter this summertime from your garden - brand this. I hope you'll autumn inward love, together with your husband volition lick the plate. 

Oh, together with remain tuned for Fri - in that place volition last a fleck of deja vu coming correct your way.  

-------

Summer Zucchini Saute with Roasted Almonds
makes plenty side-dish portions for four people. 

Ingredients:
ii lbs zucchini (or well-nigh four small-scale zucchini), julienne
1 t kosher common salt + to a greater extent than for seasoning later
1/2 C sliced almonds, toasted
ii T EVOO
ii garlic cloves, minced
1/4 t reddish pepper flakes
1/4 C Italian cheese blend
freshly Earth dark pepper

Method:
1. Place zucchini inward a colander laid inward the sink together with toss with 1 teaspoon of salt. Let zucchini represent well-nigh 10 minutes, together with then gently squeeze to take away every bit much excess wet every bit possible.
2. Heat fossil oil inward skillet over medium heat. Add garlic together with reddish pepper flakes together with laid - stirring often, until fragrant, well-nigh 1 minute. Add zucchini together with cook, tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender, well-nigh v minutes. Fold inward cheese together with almonds. Season with common salt together with pepper.

Recipe source: Bon Appetite Magazine 


Sumber https://bakingwithblondie.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment