Watermelon Cucumber Salad
Table of Contents
The calendar week of the Fourth has finally arrived, in addition to Utah is i large firey oven. When I opened our front end door yesterday around 11am, it felt similar I had simply opened my oven door in addition to taken a oestrus moving ridge to the face. It was sort of ridiculous. We're supposed to live inwards the belatedly 80's, early on 90's at this fourth dimension of year. I can't fifty-fifty tummy how August is going to live - mightiness equally good motion to Pheonix in addition to alive inwards our bathing suits, eh?
Our air conditioner is on the rocks. The exclusively fourth dimension I experience similar it's working is inwards the wee hours of the morn - but the air is cool exterior past times then, thus I don't mean value it counts. With some other calendar week inwards a higher house the 100's at our door, I'm thinking we'll postulate to receive got a lilliputian chat amongst our landlords.
Remember that "sorbet" painting demonstrate I posted on facebook lastly week? Yep, it was inwards cute lilliputian balls... for the start iii minutes of the shoot... in addition to then it turned correct into almost a slushie. Like I said - it's TOO DANG HOT within in addition to exterior our house.
How virtually a cool salad? When I start saw this recipe, I idea it looked a lilliputian also far out for my taste. Watermelon in addition to cucumber amongst jalapeno, scallions, in addition to cilantro? It was a foreign fusion-type gustation that I had never genuinely cooked with, but wasn't afraid of trying. After all, I similar the ingredients good enough, mightiness equally good stretch the palate once-and-a-while. I grilled upward some chicken exterior in addition to and then threw this salad together.
The start few bites were awkward, but exclusively because I kept on thinking "this is simply also weird..." But afterwards my hear calmed down, in addition to I exclusively focused on the beautiful synthesis of flavors I was tasting, it all came together. And it was oh thus good, my friends. That jalapeno genuinely does travel amongst the sweetness of the cucumber in addition to watermelon (which was almost 100% against what I had believed inwards the start place). So foreign how almost contrary things tin come upward together thus good inwards a dish.
Oh, in addition to don't skip the feta. Trust me.
And remain cool out there!
Watermelon Cucumber Salad
ingredients:
iii C seedless watermelon
1 1/2 C diced cucumber
1 bunch scallions (i used virtually 7)
1/2 C chopped cilantro
1 seeded in addition to minced jalapeno
2 limes, juiced
1 1/2 T EVOO
tabular array salt in addition to pepper
watercress or spinach
feta cheese
method:
1. Toss watermelon, cucumber, scallions, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, oil, in addition to a pinch of tabular array salt inwards a medium bowl.
2. Lay downwards a bed of spinach/watercress inwards the bottom of your serving bowl. Pour watermelon mixture over spinach/watercress in addition to sprinkle amongst feta. Drizzle amongst crude oil in addition to sprinkle amongst pepper.
recipe adapted from: nutrient network
Sumber https://bakingwithblondie.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment