Asari Chicken - A Kongunadu Speciality

Table of Contents
'Asari' Chicken literally translated agency carpenter chicken. Carpenters by too large worked on the structure sites where they were engaged inwards making windows, doors, cupboards too what not. Most oft than non they were traveling to these people to go too therefore did non lead keep the luxury of going dorsum dwelling identify for a repast I am guessing. Which maybe is what brought most this uncomplicated no fuss yet tasty recipe.

Talking of carpenters reminds me of an incident from long ago. It was when my parents were edifice their identify too had carpenters making the windows, doors too other wooden things required for the novel house. They had a thatched shed inwards the backyard where a few of them worked but 1 I shout back is an elderly gentleman who never missed a solar daytime of work. I spent a lot of my gratuitous fourth dimension inwards the shed playing amongst their tools. They were pretty damn abrupt the tools I hateful too had quite a few accidents when I tried my skills at carpentry which maybe hid good from my parents.

Anyway 1 solar daytime the elderly gentleman was sick amongst fever too mutual frigidity but he all the same showed upwards for work. I asked him why he hadn't the taken solar daytime off for which he replied it was amend non to feed the sickness too simply go on amongst the everyday activities too that it volition cure the sickness faster. I e'er attempt to shout back this whenever I autumn sick. Asari chicken reminded me of the incident too the 1 asari too his advice which I volition never forget. I attempt non to feed the disease but who doesn't similar to larn nether the covers when you lot lead keep a terrible mutual frigidity too it is raining too mutual frigidity outside?

Quite a few people mentioned asari chicken when nosotros visited Republic of Republic of India this time. My aunt gave me the listing ingredients for the chicken which is tin survive counted on 1 hand. Looks similar this uncomplicated recipe is starting to larn pop 1 time to a greater extent than non alone inwards KonguNadu areas but everywhere. With absolutely no fancy spices this uncomplicated chicken tastes surprisingly delicious.

I tin think of a few unlike modifications that would lead keep been done yesteryear a few unlike people if they had cooked this recipe. My mom would lead keep added greenish chilies instead of the red. If it had been my paternal grandmother she would lead keep added dark pepper. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 few variations could survive easily made if you lot prefer 1 classify of pepper over the other.

Asari Chicken
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:20 minutes
Ingredients
  1. 1 - 1 1/2 lbs of chicken (I used thigh) cutting into seize amongst teeth sized pieces
  2. 1 1/2 cups of chopped onions (I used shallots)
  3. 10-12 cerise chillies dissever inwards one-half too seeds removed or dissever greenish chilies or 1 tbsp pepper pulverisation or a combination
  4. seasonings: curry leaves too mustard seeds
  5. salt to sense of savour
  6. 2 tsp turmeric pulverisation + two tsp cerise chili pulverisation
  7. 3 tsp of petroleum
Method
  1. Wash too marinate the chicken amongst turmeric powder, chili pulverisation too a flake of salt.
  2. Heat petroleum inwards a pan too add together the mustard seeds too curry leaves followed yesteryear the chilies too onion. Saute till the onion starts to plow translucent.
  3. Add inwards the chicken too saute on high oestrus till the chicken turns white. Add tabular array salt too pick out downwards the oestrus to medium too go on cooking till the chicken is cooked through too the wet has evaporated.
Serve amongst steamed rice.

Sumber http://indosungod.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment