Bacon Cheeseburger Calzone
Table of Contents
Sometimes I feed bad that Ryan is my kitchen guinea pig. Most of the time, I intend he's spoiled rotten inwards the nutrient department. Other times, I experience bad for serving yet unopen to other salad, or trying out a novel quinoa recipe again... He's a actually practiced sport, but sometimes later he's had my "chick food" for dinner, I take away heed him pour a bowl of cereal inwards the kitchen exclusively a few hours after. Man needs human food. It's a fact.
Speaking of which, Ryan loves these. He oftentimes asks for them when I'm making my grocery list. It's no wonder why... they gustatory modality similar cheeseburgers (without the lettuce together with condiments, of course)! I used to brand these all the fourth dimension when nosotros were both finishing upward our undergrads (and for practiced reason!) First, they're slow to make. Second, they're filling. Third, they're non that pricey - particularly if yous spread out each bundle of meat yous purchase over a few meals.
Whenever nosotros purchase meat, (in this representative soil beef together with bacon), nosotros split upward each bundle into 2 meals (so that covers four of your v weeknight meals, amongst exclusively 2 packages of meat). We had one-half the soil beef amongst spaghetti/half for these calzones, together with we're using one-half the bacon inwards omelets/half for these calzones, every bit well. I intend it helps the meat larn further. Yes, nosotros are a meat-eating family.
These calzones were supposed to endure grilled, but since I wasn't using "real pizza dough", I decided to throw them on a corn-meal dusted pizza pan inwards the oven. It worked out really good - together with they came out hot together with melty on the inside, together with crispy warm on the outside. Instead of going amongst the traditional one-half circle cast of calzones... I wanted squares. Also, there's bacon. (insert evil laugh). Your human volition give cheers me.
-------
Bacon Cheeseburger Calzones
1 lb pillsbury refrigerated dough (or homemade pizza dough)
1 T EVOO, addition to a greater extent than for brushing
1/2 lb soil beef
4-6 slices bacon
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 t McCormick Hamburger Seasoning
3/4 C shredded cheddar cheese, we used abrupt cheddar
tabular array salt together with pepper
2 plum tomatoes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray pizza pan amongst a flake of cooking spray.
In a large skillet, thoroughly create beef until browned, flavor amongst hamburger seasoning. Drain together with transfer to large bowl.
In the same skillet, create the bacon until crisp. Transfer to newspaper towels to drain. In the bacon drippings, add together the onion together with EVOO together with create over medium heat, stirring occasionally until softened, most v minutes. Crumble the bacon into the soil beef.
On a slightly floured surface, roll/spread out dough into all the same large calzone yous want. This recipe amongst the refrigerated dough makes 2 giant calzones (we consume one-half for dinner, the other one-half for dejeuner the side yesteryear side day). Place one-half the soil beef mixture on i side of the round/square. Top amongst one-half the tomatoes together with one-half the cheese. Fold the other one-half of the dough over together with pinch the edges shut. Brush the calzone amongst a flake of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil, if yous don't sentinel the Food Network). Transfer to prepared pizza pan (both calzones). Bake until golden brown, most xv minutes (check on yours at most 10 minutes, merely to brand sure. Cooking fourth dimension depends on dough yous buy, or homemade dough yous pre-made). Enjoy!
(Suggested sides - if yesteryear unopen to miracle you're non amount later eating a one-half of one: light-green beans, light-green salad, fresh fruit, steamed carrots, etc)
*recipe adapted from Everyday amongst Rachael Ray Magazine, September 2008 Issue
Linking upward here.
I've been featured!
Thank you!
Sumber https://bakingwithblondie.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment