Baked Southwestern Pork Taquitos
Table of Contents
We devoured these, but much besides speedily after I had taken a photograph of them. You see, I had this beautiful shoot laid up, as well as snapped approximately photos that I only couldn't hold back to pose upward on the weblog terminal week. Then, the unthinkable happened...
My photographic telly camera ATE the photos.
In ane gulp.
I died.
I was to a greater extent than than a piddling cranky nearly it. Here I was amongst a sure-fire recipe, but also amongst no pictures to show. So I opened upward the refrigerator to accept a await over the not-so-lovely-looking-leftover taquitos from the previous day. I was positive nosotros had eaten all the "pretty-looking" ones... as well as I was right.
So here's my 2nd taquito-shoot of the calendar week (UGH). I didn't attention that they weren't every bit cripsy, or that I had basically thrown them correct on a pile of cilantro ends. I wanted a picture, dang it! And after shooting them, I realized they tasted only every bit delicious every bit the previous day.
Originally, this recipe called for rotisserie chicken. Apparently, at my busy local supermarket on a Sat afternoon, everyone as well as their dogs cleaned family inwards the rotisserie section. So I only planned on trying over again a few days afterwards when I was making the recipe. With a half-of-a-beautiful-half-pork-roast sitting inwards my refrigerator from Sunday, on Mon I decided to role it upward inwards this recipe (versus spending to a greater extent than coin on a rotisserie chicken). I'm certain the chicken would guide keep tasted lovely, but the slow-cooked pork actually did good amongst these typical southwestern flavors. The insides of the taquitos were killer (why wouldn't they be? Check out those ingredients!), as well as the outsides were perfectly flaky. Using egg-roll wrappers was genius, as well as I'm pretty certain y'all tin can toss inwards only nearly whatsoever veggie inwards the chicken/pork mixture to sneak inwards a few to a greater extent than veggies to their day.
You could totally role these every bit an appetizer, but nosotros used them every bit our consummate repast (with fresh fruit on the side).
Baked Southwestern Pork Taquitos
makes nearly twenty taquitos
Ingredients:
1/2 tiresome cooked pork roast, or 1 rotisserie chicken (fully cooked as well as seasoned), shredded
2/3-1 C jarred (or fresh) salsa
1 C Mexican blend shredded cheese
1 tin can sugariness corn, drained
1 tin can dark beans, drained as well as rinsed well
1 t cumin + to a greater extent than for sprinkling
1 t chili pulverisation
1/4 C chopped fresh cilantro
tabular array salt as well as pepper
1 bundle of egg curlicue wrappers
Method:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix chicken/pork, salsa, cheese, corn, beans, cumin, chili power, cilantro, tabular array salt & pepper together inwards a large bowl.
3. Add a yoke spoonfuls of the mixture into an eggroll wrapper. Form the mixture on the eggroll into almost a pocket-size hot-dog cast (will brand folding easier). Pull the ii corners on the sparse sides together, as well as therefore flop over ane of the remaining sides as well as tuck under. With remaining flap/side, moisture corner department amongst H2O (generously, but non besides much), as well as tightly (but carefully) describe over the residue of the egg curlicue on exterior therefore it sticks to itself.
4. Spray cookie canvas generously, as well as suit taquitos (I tally mine all on ane rattling large pan). Spray the tops of them amongst cooking spray (or brush on egg/butter - whichever y'all prefer). And piece of job past times amongst sprinkled cumin as well as pepper.
5. Bake for nearly 20-25 minutes, or until golden. Flip taquitos halfway through baking, if y'all can. Serve amongst salsa or sour cream.
Recipe inspired by: Menu Musings of a Modern American Mom Sumber https://bakingwithblondie.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment