Cherry Tomato Plant Too Ravioli Soup

Table of Contents
 I choose 3 gardening pots inwards my backyard. In 1 of them, I've planted my herbs (cilantro, basil, as well as Italian parsley). I idea I had planted a niggling package of wildflowers inwards the next.... turns out they're giant sunflowers that choose at in 1 lawsuit grown past times the meridian of my shoulders. Yikes. In the lastly pot, I planted a wee niggling cherry love apple tree plant.

That love apple tree found has gone nuts, as well as has decided to attain ridiculous amounts of cherry tomatoes inwards the past times week. Sure, nosotros role them inwards salads, as well as Ryan eats them similar grapes. But nosotros withal choose a ton left over. What to do?
Throw 'em inwards a soup (yes, inwards the middle of 100+ bird weather). Not a soup fan inwards the summer? Pin it for later, man. We similar soup year-round inwards this house!  

This recipe calls for two pints of tomatoes, as well as nosotros had nearly 1 pint from the "garden". So I had to purchase roughly other pint from the shop to compensate.

So at in 1 lawsuit that I've stuffed this weblog amongst Rachael Ray recipes over the past times two weeks, I intend we'll plow over her a break. For a venture 3 years, I had a wonderful subscription to her magazine, as well as loved every minute. However, the magazines started taking upwardly room inwards our tiny apartment, as well as I had to abide by a solution. I ended upwardly going through each magazine, 1 past times one, page past times page, as well as ripped out the recipes I wanted to brand someday. I neatly kept the recipes inwards plastic-page protectors, as well as lined them upwardly inwards a binder. The magazines went inwards the trash, as well as I withal choose that binder today total of Rachael recipes. Her 30-minute meals redefined dinnertime inwards our home. It's hence slow to choose a completely tasty repast inwards such a curt amount of time.
 .
The matter I loved most nearly this soup is the cheese ravioli - fun for all, I must say. We used 3 cheese ravioli, but I could easily come across Italian sausage or whatever other flavor used simply every bit well.

The broth is heavenly. While preparing the broth, you lot simmer the cherry tomatoes inwards garlic as well as olive crude for nearly 10 minutes amongst the lip on tight. After that, they outburst opened upwardly as well as cast a beautiful sauce! How slow is that?

--------

Cherry Tomato as well as Cheese Ravioli Soup

two T EVOO
two pints cherry tomatoes
two cloves garlic, minced
common salt as well as pepper
1 quart chicken stock
1 lb fresh cheese ravioli
1 C basil leaves, torn
two scallions, white ends removed, chopped
Parmesan cheese for sprinkling

In a large, deep skillet amongst a tight-fitting lid or a Dutch oven, rut the EVOO over medium heat. Stir inwards the cherry tomatoes as well as garlic, flavor amongst common salt as well as pepper. Cover the pan as well as cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the tomatoes outburst as well as a thick sauce forms, 7-8 minutes.

Add the chicken stock as well as two cups H2O as well as convey to a boil. Cook for a couplet of minutes, hence add together the ravioli as well as create untl tender, 3-4 minutes. Remove from the rut as well as wilt inwards the basil. Stir inwards the scallions.

Serve the soup amongst grated Parmesan as well as crusty breadstuff for dunking.

Recipe from Rachael Ray Magazine, Oct 2009 Issue

Linking upwardly here.
I've been Featured! 
Thank you!

Sumber https://bakingwithblondie.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment