Eggnog French Toast
Table of Contents
It's every bit if a giant flour sifter is hanging over the valley, too eagerly sifting every bit much fluffy pulverization over the bare grass every bit shortly every bit possible. I completely dearest it. We're non doing whatever serious traveling today. We're stickin' unopen to this sleepy college town (emptied of it's students during the season), too mayhap adding a twain to a greater extent than snowmen to our forepart yard.
We alone cause got a twain Christmas Eve traditions, only I dearest them. First, nosotros exit to ''breakfast-for-dinner." When nosotros come upwards home, nosotros unremarkably scout some variety of a cozy Christmas painting demo together inward comfy clothing too a large warm blanket, too potable bubbly/eggnog. Then, nosotros read the Christmas storey inward Luke 2. What I dearest most near our Christmas Eve/Christmas morning, is that nosotros stay home. I dearest our families, too nosotros brand certain to run across them for dinner on Christmas day, only for the Eve too Morning, nosotros larn each other all to ourselves. (Then nosotros larn political party the afternoon too nighttime away at either Ryan or my parent's abode - nosotros accept turns).
When I was growing up, on Christmas morning, my Mom would almost e'er brand German linguistic communication Pancakes for breakfast. They were e'er decadently fluffy, too perfectly delicious. Even though I was in all likelihood loaded amongst also much candy past times the fourth dimension I ate breakfast, I loved how my Mom would accept fourth dimension to brand something dreamy inward the kitchen, yet again. This year, I'm going to endeavor to brand them - wishing me luck!
These eggnog french toasties were amazing! I had my doubts, only when they came off the griddle too onto our plates, I gobbled upwards my iii slices faster than I idea possible. Instead I using all eggnog for the egg mixture, I notwithstanding threw inward a twain eggs. I similar the texture it provides, too kept the white sandwich breadstuff away from the soggy terminate of the spectrum. Also, I wanted to echo the spices I gustation inward eggnog. I added cloves, nutmeg, too beautiful cinnamon. I served the fluffy french toast on a bed of sifted powdered sugar, too hot maple syrup.
Merry Christmas!
Eggnog French Toast
Ingredients:
six slices of sandwich bread
1 C eggnog
two eggs (I know, who cares)
1/2 t pose down cloves
1/2 t nutmeg
1 T cinnamon
1 T vanilla extract
butter
Directions:
1. Heat griddle to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare egg mixture: inward a shallow dish, whisk together eggnog, eggs, pose down cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, too vanilla.
3. Melt a minor flake of butter on griddle. Lightly dunk (coat) breadstuff slices (both sides) inward egg mixture too lay on hot griddle. When downside is golden brown, flip french toast.
4. Serve amongst powdered sugar, hot syrup, or fresh fruit.
(I made the powdered saccharide tree past times cutting a tree out of a while of paper, thus laying that newspaper on the french toast. Then I lightly sifted powdered saccharide over the newspaper until the tree was filled in, too lifted upwards the newspaper to let on the shape).
BwB master recipe
Makes six slices of eggnog french toast, near two servings. Sumber https://bakingwithblondie.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment