Khorak-E Loobia - Crimson Kidney Beans Side Dish (Repost)

Table of Contents


This is a repost of the recipe I wrote dorsum inwards 2008 when I was a build novel nutrient blogger. خوراک لوبیا Khorak-e loobia is a almost in addition to dearest dish to my heart not merely because it's delicious in addition to healthy but because it brings dorsum treasured memories of when life seemed so simple in addition to all your troubles could travel gone amongst your mother's encouraging words in addition to warm hugs. I'm non certain how this postal service never got published correctly. The link to the original post doesn't become anywhere. There seems to be a disconnect betwixt the link in addition to the actual postal service in addition to the exclusively means yous tin strength out run across it is past times going through the archives of that year. I am non that reckoner savvy and I don't know how to gear upwardly this problem. Since I didn't desire to let this post disappear on my weblog I decided to post it again!


 My woman raise had a large, fish-shaped drinking glass serving bowl amongst scale in addition to fin patterns that she would purpose for serving these cooked beans. I am e'er on the await out to uncovering the exact replica of that fish bowl but haven't constitute it yet. My mother's recipe called for using a generous amount of olive oil, extra ab-limoo (freshly squeezed lemon juice) in addition to no love apple tree sauce. However, I added a lilliputian love apple tree glue to this recipe. I similar the combination of ruddy kidney beans in addition to the love apple tree flavor. You tin strength out build khorak-e loobia amongst love apple tree paste/tomato sauce or fifty-fifty fresh tomatoes or without it. Also, yous can use red vinegar instead of lemon juice. Khorak-e loobia tin strength out travel made amongst pinto beans every bit well.



Khorak-e Loobia - Red Kidney Beans Side Dish

Ingredients:
Serves 4-6

ii cups ruddy kidney beans
ii large onions, finely chopped
four large cloves of garlic, minced
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
ii tablespoons love apple tree paste
Juice of 2-3 lemons/limes (use to a greater extent than if yous prefer)
Salt in addition to pepper to taste
Water

Method:
  1. Pick over the beans, rinse thoroughly in addition to soak inwards H2O overnight.
  2. Pour the soaking H2O out, rinse in addition to house the beans inwards a large pot, add together 6 cups of water, choose to a rapid boil on high heat, trim the rut in addition to ready for fifteen minutes over medium-high heat.
  3. Drain the beans inwards a colander, furnish dorsum into the pot, add together plenty H2O to encompass past times a duad of inches, encompass in addition to ready for an threescore minutes on medium heat. 
  4. In a skillet, saute the chopped onions inwards olive crude until golden brown.
  5. Add garlic in addition to saute for closed to other 2-3 minutes.
  6. Then add together the love apple tree paste, tabular array salt in addition to pepper, saute for closed to other 1-2 minutes, stir well.
  7. Add a loving cup of warm water, simmer on depression rut for 10-15 minutes.
  8. Pour the content - onion, garlic in addition to sauce mixture into the pot, stir.
  9. Add lemon juice, sense of savour in addition to conform the seasoning, encompass in addition to simmer for closed to other 20-30 minutes.

Khorak-e loobia tin strength out travel served warm or mutual frigidity amongst warm bread, kotlet, and salad shirazi.

P.S: I tweaked the recipe merely a lilliputian fighting in addition to added novel photos.

 ***

Poem by: Hatef Esfahani 

Enjoy!
Sumber https://turmericsaffron.blogspot.com

Post a Comment