Khoresh Bamieh Khuzestani - Southern Iranian Okra Stew Amongst Tamarind

Table of Contents

This is a tangy, hot together with flavorful dish made amongst tender okra, sour tamarind sauce, lots of garlic together with hot pepper like shooting fish in a barrel simmered inward lamb stew. I was born inward the metropolis of Ahwaz, Islamic Republic of Iran together with I spent a large utilisation of my childhood together with youth inward the southern tell of Khuzestan together with Maman's nigh delicious خورش بامیه khoresh bamieh has been a favorite of mine always since. I choose cherished this recipe hence much that I don't brand okra amongst anything else but tamarind sauce. Tamarind to okra is what tomato plant is to eggplants! Over the years, however, every fourth dimension I've cooked together with served my version of okra stew to my Iranian friends I've had to explicate that this is how my woman bring upwards used to acquire inward at habitation together with it's the alone agency I know how to brand okra. I've learned that nigh Iranians brand the stew amongst tomato plant sauce. I'm certain it tastes practiced together with I mightiness fifty-fifty endeavor the tomato sauce version ane day, but till together with then I mean value this is the best together with the nigh flavorful okra stew out there! Southern Iranian khoresh bamieh, my Maman's recipe, is supposed to hold upwards hot, sour together with garlicky!



Khoresh Bamieh Khuzestani - Southern Iranian Okra Stew amongst Tamarind

Ingredients:
Serves 4-6

1 pound meat (lamb or beef), cubed

1 pound whole infant okra (fresh or frozen), launder together with trim
1 loving cup tamarind sauce* (recipe at the bottom)
1 teaspoon tomato plant paste
1 large onion, thinly sliced
7-9 garlic cloves, minced (use to a greater extent than if desired)
1 teaspoon red pepper (use to a greater extent than if desired)
1/2 teaspoon solid seat down dark pepper
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Water

*Tamarind Sauce:
  1. Place seven ounces of tamarind glue amongst pods inward a bowl. 
  2. Cover amongst 1-2 cups of hot H2O for an hr to soften. 
  3. Then amongst a spoon/fork or your fingers endeavor to acquire the pods separated from the pulp together with acquire the juice out. 
  4. Add to a greater extent than warm H2O if needed. 
  5. Discard the seeds together with strings. 
  6. Pour the tamarind liquid inward a jolt amongst tight plumbing equipment lid together with shop inward a cool together with dry out place.
Method:
  1. In a large pan, rut three tablespoons of stone oil together with saute onions on medium rut till golden. Add turmeric and  garlic, saute for about other 5-7 minutes.
  2. Add meat together with chocolate-brown on all sides. Add common salt together with pepper to taste.
  3. Add iv cups of water, convey to a boil on medium- high heat. Lower heat, embrace together with stimulate for 45 minutes or till meat is tender.
  4. In a carve upwards skillet, rut ii tablespoons oil, saute okra lightly over medium rut for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
  5. Fry tomato plant glue inward a tablespoon of stone oil for a distich of minutes over depression heat.
  6. Add tomato plant glue together with tamarind sauce to the pan, stimulate for about other 10 minutes on medium heat.
  7. Add the fried okras to the pan together with stimulate for an additional xx minutes to soak upwards the flavors.
  8. Adjust seasoning. Add H2O if needed.
Serve hot with rice, yogurt, herbs together with bread.

Enjoy!
Sumber https://turmericsaffron.blogspot.com

Post a Comment