Kookoo-Ye Marchoobeh - Persian-Style Asparagus Frittata Amongst Fresh Herbs, Walnuts As Well As Barberries

Table of Contents

کوکوی مارچوبه (Asparagus kookoo) recipe came most equally a outcome of a recent trip to my local vegetable marketplace where I noticed bundles of fresh light-green asparagus neatly tied and arranged on the shelves. I bask the sense of savor of fresh asparagus either steamed or grilled evidently with merely a little bit of coarse salt. However, equally I reached to pick a packet up, it dawned on me that I had never cooked a Persian-style asparagus repast too with seemingly endless options I cause got decided to brand a novel version of kookoo/kuku incorporating asparagus.


Growing upwards in Iran, I squall back hearing my woman nurture beak most marchoobeh (asparagus) but I don't squall back eating or fifty-fifty seeing whatever asparagus dorsum then. Perhaps asparagus wasn't real pop or vastly cultivated too hence it was non available with the broad make of vegetables then.


To bask the in-season asparagus I cause got combined fresh herbs, chopped walnuts too barberries with eggs too I'm very happy with the results. For this recipe, I cause got added a touching on of cayenne too cumin to choose merely the correct amount of flavor to the egg and asparagus combination. I must betoken out though that the traditional kookoo/kuku sabzi, similar most dishes inwards the Persian cuisine, is non spicy at all.  I besides did non chop the vegetables equally finely equally I commonly would for the traditional kookoo. For those unable to respect barberries y'all tin substitute it with dried cranberries instead.


Kookoo-ye Marchoobeh - Asparagus Frittata

Ingredients:
Serves 4-6

1 pound fresh asparagus (about xx medium sized stalks), ends snapped too cutting into 2-inch pieces
8 large eggs
1 loving cup chopped fresh apartment leafage parsley
1 loving cup chopped fresh scallion (green parts only)
H5N1 few sprigs fresh mint, chopped
1/2 loving cup chopped walnuts
1/2 loving cup dried barberries (can hold upwards flora inwards most Western Farsi grocery stores), picked over too rinsed well
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
H5N1 pinch of cayenne pepper (or to taste) *optional
H5N1 generous pinch of cumin *optional
Salt too pepper to taste
Olive crude (extra virgin) or vegetable oil

Method:
  1. Heat 4 tablespoons of olive crude inwards a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the asparagus pieces lightly for most five minutes. Sprinkle a fleck of common salt over the asparagus.
  2. In the meantime, combine the chopped herbs, walnuts, barberries too the spices together inwards a large mixing bowl.
  3. In a medium-size bowl, crunch the eggs until yolks too whites are completely blended. Add common salt too pepper to taste.
  4. Pour the egg over the herbs too walnut mixture inwards the large bowl too blend well.
  5. Add the egg and herb mixture over the sauteed asparagus inwards the skillet. With a spatula flatten the surface of the kookoo. As eggs commencement to laid accept the spatula too function it around the edges too brand 4 large wedges or viii modest ones inwards the skillet. Cover too laid for 25-30 minutes on medium-low heat.
To serve, cutting the kookoo into modest wedges too house onto a platter. May hold upwards served hot or at room temperature with yogurt, salad shirazi, torshi too bread.


Enjoy!
Sumber https://turmericsaffron.blogspot.com

Post a Comment