Ode To Choghondar (Beets) + Recipes For Laboo Together With Kookoo Barg-E Choghondar (Beet Greens)
Table of Contents
One wintry solar daytime long ago, during i of our trips to Tehran, I recall accompanying my woman nurture every bit she went all over town running errands as well as shopping. It was getting slow as well as nosotros were hurrying to larn habitation earlier nighttime when my woman nurture stopped at a دکه ی لبو فروشی - dakeh-ye laboo forooshi (street vendor stand upwards selling beets). H5N1 bunch of large, glazed purple/red beets were stacked neatly amongst some floating inwards their juice on a large tray. How produce they brand such elementary as well as cheap street nutrient then delicious? There must last an ancient undercover recipe amid the beet vendors inwards Islamic Republic of Iran - i that I would actually love to larn my hands on. Biting into a perfectly sweet, tender as well as warm laboo inwards the snowfall afterwards a seemingly endless solar daytime was specially gratifying. لبو/ چغندرپخته Choghondar pokhteh/Laboo (cooked beets) happens to last i of Iran's pop street foods throughout the wintertime months. And this recipe brings dorsum the cherished memories of my youth dorsum habitation inwards Iran.
چغندر - Choghondar (beet) is highly nutritious, depression inwards calories, quite versatile as well as has a gorgeous color. Beets tin last thinly sliced or grated raw into salads, steamed, boiled or baked. Beets tin too last used inwards both sweetness as well as savory dishes. Those who love the earthy gustation of beets tin relish them throughout the twelvemonth since they're ever available inwards the market.
I accept tried diverse ways of preparing beets. The simplest i is to roast them until tender as well as only serve them plain. Beets accept a really high saccharide content as well as there's actually no involve to add together whatever sugar/sweeteners. However, I am on a bespeak to arrive at the delicious as well as flavorful gustation of the laboo I had inwards Iran.
I similar to add together dear for sweetness to the dish. You tin operate tabular array sugar, brownish sugar, or honey, whichever yous prefer as well as yous tin accommodate the sweetness to your liking. In addition, adding a skilful mash of lemon juice volition heighten the color every bit good every bit the season of beets. For this recipe I peeled as well as sliced them earlier cooking. You tin laid upwards beets whole instead of slicing them. Just recall that beets stain everything as well as yous may desire to apparel gloves land peeling as well as slicing them.
Laboo - Beets
Ingredients:
Serves 4-6
four medium-sized beets, trimmed, peeled, sliced
ii teaspoons white saccharide or brownish saccharide or dear (I used raw unfiltered honey), operate to a greater extent than if yous like.
ii tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Water
Optional garnish: chopped pistachios, sliced almonds
Method:
- Place the beets inwards a large heavy saucepan. Add plenty H2O to comprehend the slices past times ii inches, convey to a boil for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat. Reduce the oestrus to medium-low, comprehend as well as laid upwards for nearly xxx minutes.
- Add the lemon juice as well as honey, comprehend as well as simmer over depression oestrus for some other 10-15 minutes or until beets are tender as well as glazed. Make certain in that place is some liquid left inwards the bottom of the pan.
To serve house the beets inwards a deep serving platter, pour 2-3 tablespoons of the remaining liquid over them. Sprinkle amongst almonds as well as pistachios as well as serve straight off every bit a side dish or snack.
Beetroot greens (leaves as well as stems) too accept nutritional value as well as tin last substituted into most recipes that telephone yell upwards for spinach. It tin last added to ash reshteh, kookoo sabzi or even ghormeh sabzi for a swell season variation. After I cooked the beets I decided it was nearly fourth dimension to brand a dish only using its greens, the under-appreciated as well as frequently discarded barg-e choghondar, as well as that's how this beautiful as well as delicious کوکوبرگ چغندر kookoo barg-e choghondar was created.
Beetroot greens (leaves as well as stems) too accept nutritional value as well as tin last substituted into most recipes that telephone yell upwards for spinach. It tin last added to ash reshteh, kookoo sabzi or even ghormeh sabzi for a swell season variation. After I cooked the beets I decided it was nearly fourth dimension to brand a dish only using its greens, the under-appreciated as well as frequently discarded barg-e choghondar, as well as that's how this beautiful as well as delicious کوکوبرگ چغندر kookoo barg-e choghondar was created.
Kookoo Barg-e Choghondar - Beet Greens Kookoo (leaves as well as stems)
Ingredients:
Serves 4-6
ii cups beet leaves, chopped (I gave them a quick stone oil chop)
ii cups beet stems, chopped
1 medium yellowish onion, chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
four eggs
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon pepper
H5N1 pinch of cumin *optional
H5N1 pinch of cayenne pepper *optional
Vegetable oil
Method:
- In a medium frying pan oestrus 2-3 tablespoons of oil, add together onions as well as saute over medium-high oestrus until low-cal golden brown. Add turmeric pulverization as well as garlic, saute for some other 2-3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, take fried garlic as well as onion from oil, laid aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs until good mixed.
- Add the light-green beet leaves, ruby-red stems, fried onion as well as garlic, flour, salt, pepper, cumin, as well as cayenne. Mix thoroughly.
- In a large skillet oestrus 3 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat, gently pour inwards the mixture. Reduce the oestrus to medium-low, comprehend as well as laid upwards for 35-40 minutes. There's no involve to plough them over. This agency they'll keep their gorgeous color as well as fresh rustic look.
As I am certain many of yous may already know, since I accept already shared the tidings on my Facebook as well as Instagram page, I was latterly chosen past times Yahoo Food every bit their blogger of the week. The next 3 recipes: Zucchini as well as Yogurt Salad, Fesenjoon and Khoresh-e Karafs were featured during the calendar week along amongst a Q&A. I am genuinely honored as well as delighted.
Enjoy!
Sumber https://turmericsaffron.blogspot.com
Enjoy!






Post a Comment