Vellarikkai Thayir Kuzhambu - Cucumber Inwards Spiced Yogurt - Vellarikka Pachadi

Table of Contents
Are you lot eating too much obese lately? It powerfulness non hold upwardly your error exactly the defeat of your favorite sports squad that is putting you lot on a bad too obese diet. Redskins our local NFL squad has a history of bad functioning - I practise non spotter too much football game therefore I powerfulness incorrect hither well-nigh the tape exactly I am pretty certain at that spot convey been fewer too fewer expert days for the Redskins fans. So if you lot alive inwards the DC surface area too convey been eating too much junk you lot are excused! Anyway I am non making this up. Yes people practise query these sort of things too it is fun to know - Sharmi's Passion. Thanks to her I straightaway convey to a greater extent than or less other vegetable I tin add together to my favorite spiced yogurt recipe.

It was really similar to how my grandmother cooks white pumpkins exactly entirely nosotros telephone telephone it thayir kuzhambu similar this recipe. In Kerala I convey learned it is called Pachadi. So whatsoever the cite the combination of kokosnoot too greenish chilies inwards yogurt makes it tasty curry.



My friend Linda over at adai doasai or arism paruppu saatham (spiced dal rice) exactly nosotros had them amongst steamed rice too that is a expert combination also.

Some of the other vegetables likewise white pumpkin too Cucumber would hold upwardly the white rind of watermelon, bottle gourd, brinjal too fifty-fifty okra.

Vellarikkai thayir Kuzhambu - Vellarikka Pachadi
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:15 minutes
Ingredients
  1. 1 big cucumber peeled seeded too diced well-nigh 1 1/2 cups
  2. 2 cups of curd/yogurt whisked
  3. 1/4 loving cup chopped onions (optional)
  4. seasonings: cumin, mustard seeds 1/4 tsp each, ii cherry-red chilies broken too seeds removed, curry leaves
  5. For the paste
  6. 1/4 loving cup grated fresh/frozen coconut
  7. 1 tsp cumin seeds
  8. 6 greenish chilies
  9. Blend the coconut, cumin seeds too greenish chilies to a fairly fine glue amongst a couplet of tbsp of water
  10. salt to taste
  11. oil 1 tsp
Method
  1. In a pan rut fossil oil too add together the seasonings cumin get-go followed past times mustard seeds too and therefore cherry-red chilies too curry leaves
  2. Add the diced cucumber too allow them railroad train for 2-3 minutes (a fiddling longer if you lot desire it soft, I wanted them a chip crunchy)
  3. Add inwards the blended kokosnoot glue too allow railroad train for to a greater extent than or less other five minutes or so.
  4. Turn the open fire to depression too add together the yogurt to the cucumber mixture, add together salt, mix good too inwards to a greater extent than or less other couplet of minutes plough off the heat.
Serve amongst steamed rice, adai or dal rice.

Sumber http://indosungod.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment