Chestnut Together With Celery Origin Soup Recipe

Table of Contents

My CSA or community supported agriculture box of attain from Eatwell Farms challenges me alongside every delivery this season. Bok choy? Cabbage? Celery root? Sure I stimulate got a recipe or 2 for each of those, but calendar week later on calendar week in addition to I piece of employment bored in addition to postulate to detect something new. As much every bit I dear celery beginning salad in addition to squeeze I mean value I've discovered a recipe I similar fifty-fifty better, Chestnut in addition to Celery Root Soup. It would hold out perfect to serve on Christmas or on New Year's Eve. 

This is the image of a shortcut recipe alongside few ingredients in addition to a reliance on a pair of convenience items namely roasted, peeled in addition to vacuum packed chestnuts I detect at Trader Joe's in addition to canned chicken broth. I've mentioned it before, but when I don't stimulate got homemade chicken broth, I detect Swanson's to hold out the side past times side best thing. The prep for this soup takes to a greater extent than fourth dimension than the cooking in addition to it's simply a affair of peeling, slicing in addition to dicing onions, celery beginning in addition to an apple tree pear. 

Chestnut in addition to Celery Root Soup is actually real elegant in addition to rich despite the fact that it has no cream inward it. I took my inspiration from a Daniel Boulud recipe I establish on Dorie Greenspan's blog, In the Kitchen in addition to on the Road alongside Dorie Greenspan. That recipe is much to a greater extent than of a chef recipe than mine, but trust me, mine is delicious! It has lots of depth in addition to  a squeamish residuum of sweetness in addition to earthy flavors. 


Chestnut in addition to Celery Root Soup
Makes iv servings

Ingredients

1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
1 Tablespoon oil
1 pocket-size onion, peeled in addition to sliced thinly 
1 apple tree pear (you could purpose an apple tree or a pear if yous prefer), peeled in addition to diced
1 celery root, peeled in addition to diced 
1 14.5 ounce tin chicken broth or homemade
1/2 loving cup cooked in addition to peeled chestnuts
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Nutmeg
Cream or sour cream, optional for garnish

Instructions

Heat the butter in addition to crude oil inward a saucepan. When the butter melts, add together the onion. Cook gently for five minutes or until soft, thence advertising the pear in addition to celery beginning in addition to laid upwardly for or thence other five minutes. Add the chicken broth, thence fill upwardly the tin alongside H2O in addition to add together that every bit well. Simmer the soup for 10 minutes or until the celery beginning is real tender. 

Add the chestnuts to the soup in addition to puree inward the blender inward batches until creamy. Season alongside tabular array salt in addition to add together a pinch of freshly footing nutmeg. Serve alongside a swirl of sour cream or cream in addition to a few bits of chestnut if desired. 

Enjoy! 

Sumber http://cookingwithamy.blogspot.com

Post a Comment