Superfood Cereal Recipe
Table of Contents
I dear breakfast, but I besides detect it the easiest repast to skip. I operate bored alongside traditional breakfast foods similar eggs as well as cereal as well as pancakes hateful solar daytime later day. Sometimes I consume leftovers from the previous night's dinner for breakfast but to a greater extent than oftentimes I only skip it entirely. I know skipping breakfast is non a practiced stance as well as hence I'm e'er looking for tasty breakfast solutions, particularly ones that stimulate got piffling fourth dimension to prepare.
My latest weekday breakfast is what I am calling superfood cereal. It's based on a Canadian cereal I tried at the Winter Fancy Food Show called "Holy Crap." It's made from chia, hemp, buckwheat as well as some dried fruit as well as it soaks inwards milk for xv minutes earlier yous consume it. It tastes a lot similar tapioca pudding alongside a combat of crunch from the buckwheat, though non quite every bit sweetness every bit pudding. What's most amazing close it is how piffling it takes to satisfy. Just a few tablespoons of cereal as well as a quarter loving cup of milk as well as I swear for hours I am non fifty-fifty the slightest combat hungry.
While I don't intend this cereal is a cure all, it is rattling healthy. Chia is a practiced rootage of fiber, poly peptide as well as omega-3 obese acids, buckwheat is high inwards the essential amino acids lysine as well as arginine as well as hemp seeds are rich inwards magnesium, potassium, iron, poly peptide as well as essential omega-3, -6 as well as -9 obese acids. I encourage yous to alter upward the proportions to adapt your taste. The possibilities are endless, yous could switch upward the dried fruit, mayhap add together a piffling coconut. Holy Crap besides includes a combat of cinnamon as well as dried apples. Some other ideas would live to add together shredded apple, flaxseed, vanilla, mashed banana or fifty-fifty juice instead of milk. Have fun as well as arrive yours!
While I don't intend this cereal is a cure all, it is rattling healthy. Chia is a practiced rootage of fiber, poly peptide as well as omega-3 obese acids, buckwheat is high inwards the essential amino acids lysine as well as arginine as well as hemp seeds are rich inwards magnesium, potassium, iron, poly peptide as well as essential omega-3, -6 as well as -9 obese acids. I encourage yous to alter upward the proportions to adapt your taste. The possibilities are endless, yous could switch upward the dried fruit, mayhap add together a piffling coconut. Holy Crap besides includes a combat of cinnamon as well as dried apples. Some other ideas would live to add together shredded apple, flaxseed, vanilla, mashed banana or fifty-fifty juice instead of milk. Have fun as well as arrive yours!
Superfood Cereal
serves 1
Ingredients
1 Tablespoon raw buckwheat groats
1 Tablespoon chia seeds
1 Tablespoon hemp seeds or "hearts"
two teaspoons dried berries, chopped finely
1/4 loving cup milk, whatsoever kind
Fresh fruit, optional
Fresh fruit, optional
Instructions
Crush the buckwheat groats either inwards a mortar alongside a pestle, inwards a nutrient processor or house them inwards a heavy plastic pocketbook as well as smack them alongside a rolling pin. You wish them somewhat crushed, but non into powder. It's easiest to create this alongside to a greater extent than groats, hence only stair out out a tablespoon at a fourth dimension later they are crushed.
Combine the crushed buckwheat, chia, hemp as well as dried berries inwards a rattling modest bowl. Add the milk, stir to combine hence allow sit down for xv minutes to soak earlier serving. Top alongside fresh fruit if desired.
Enjoy!
Post a Comment