Tofu Noodles (Shirataki) Amongst Peppers As Well As Shrimp
Table of Contents
(2 servings)
Tofu noodles, OMG! They are absolutely delightful! I've read complaints on the Internet nearly them smelling "fishy" in addition to having an strange texture. Even the packet doesn't inspire a corking bargain of confidence, "Parboil for 2-3 min. to cut down the authentic aroma", lol.. what does that hateful exactly? Who's going to buy this except individual desperate for noodles spell on a low-carb diet?
I dear noodles in addition to consume a higher proportion than I should, thus I wanted to explore alternatives. I didn't mean value the Shirataki tasted bad at all, if anything I couldn't discern a flavor at all. I liked their texture which struck me every bit noodle-like. If this production wasn't thus darn pricey, I would belike purpose these alone except for those times I felt similar hauling out my pasta machine.
These tofu noodles only convey 3g of carbs, 2g of fiber in addition to xx calories per serving and they are filling!
1 tbsp olive or canola oil
1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp *minced ginger paste
1/2 large yellowish onion. chopped
2 tbsp rice wine
1-2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce, to taste
2 tsp oyster sauce (gluten free)
1 tsp "hot" sesame oil, or regular sesame stone oil amongst a chip of chili
3 tbsp water
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1 carmine or dark-green bell pepper (or a combination), cleaned in addition to cutting into matchstick pieces
1 loving cup defrosted cooked salad shrimp, **see banking enterprise complaint if using raw
1 8oz pkg Tofu Shirataki noodles, prepared according to directions
sliced dark-green onion, for garnish
Heat the stone oil inwards a wok in addition to add together the garlic. Cook for a infinitesimal thus add together the ginger in addition to onion. Stir to combine everything, adapt the oestrus if necessary in addition to ready until the onion becomes translucent.
While the onion mixture is cooking, gear upwards the sauce yesteryear combining the rice wine, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, H2O in addition to cornstarch. Stir, thus laid aside.
Add the cutting upwards bell pepper to the onion mixture, and ready for 1-3 minutes depending on how crisp or done you lot similar them.
Stir inwards the sauce in addition to ready until it begins to thicken; nearly 1-2 minutes. Add the shrimp in addition to ready but long plenty to warm them, but non ready them further.
**I am working my agency through a ton of frozen pre-cooked salad shrimp I impulsively purchased. If you lot are using raw shrimp, ready them for a distich of minutes until they plough pink, taking help non to ready them for also long, lest they teach rubbery. You powerfulness take away to adapt the cooking fourth dimension for the bell peppers.
Serve similar a shot amongst the tofu noodles. Garnish amongst the dark-green onion.
*I convey been using prepared ginger glue for several months now. There's a fresher production sold inwards a subway scheme from Commonwealth of Australia amongst a 1-2 calendar month expiration date; can't scream upwards it's advert atm. I ran out in addition to decided to drive the glue inwards a appall from The Ginger People which I quite liked. If you lot are using fresh ginger root, thus a 1 1/2-2 inch piece (peeled in addition to minced) should survive enough. Sumber http://cookingweekends.blogspot.com




Post a Comment