Walnut Mushroom Casserole Recipe
Table of Contents
When I was growing up, my parents took me together with my sis to all kinds of restaurants but rarely ones alongside "kid's menus." We regularly came into San Francisco to swallow Chinese food, tried sushi long earlier it became popular, together with celebrated birthdays together with schoolhouse graduation at fancy French restaurants. Unlike many kids who likely longed for Taco Bell or McDonald’s, I enjoyed eating at The Good Earth, a casual eating theatre close my house. The menu had a mix of salads together with sandwiches together with or thence real unique entrees. It wouldn’t necessarily move considered “health food” yesteryear today’s standards but at that topographic point were quite a discover of vegetarian dishes.
At The Good Earth, pretty much anyone could uncovering something they would similar to eat, together with that made it perfect for dining out alongside everyone from my teenage girlfriends, to my grandmother. The Good public was famous for it’s spicy cinnamon tea which yous tin purchase to this day. Although the eating theatre chain was sold together with real few restaurants remain, I rest haunted yesteryear the retentiveness of Walnut Mushroom Casserole. It was my become to dish.
I similar to mean value of myself every bit fairly adventurous, but really, when I uncovering 1 dish I love, I convey a difficult fourth dimension straying beyond it on whatsoever menu. The Walnut Mushroom Casserole at The Good public eating theatre was my absolute favorite. It’s even thence on the bill of fare at merely 1 remaining eating theatre inwards Southern California. Here is the dish description:
Walnut Mushroom Casserole spinach fettuccini tossed alongside broccoli, mushrooms, onion together with H2O chestnuts, blended alongside sour cream together with sherry sauce. topped alongside 2 cheeses, walnuts together with scallions
I institute a recipe online but it didn't look correct to me, thence I adapted it every bit best I could to stand upward for alongside my retentiveness of it. I used Al Dente spinach fettuccini and it was perfect. I also tested out Al Dente's bonachia spinach fettuccine, together with that worked dandy too. Note: Do non overcook the pasta!
Walnut Mushroom Casserole
Serves 6
Ingredients
2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 loving cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 medium onion, cutting into quarters together with thinly sliced
1/2 lb minor push mushroom, halved or quartered into minor chunks
3 cups thinly sliced broccoli, stems together with bite-sized florets
8 ounce tin sliced H2O chestnuts
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons sherry
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 loving cup + 2 Tablespoons sour cream
6 ounces dry out spinach fettuccini (such every bit Al Dente brand), cooked until barely tender
1 loving cup shredded monterey jack cheese
1 loving cup shredded cheddar cheese
Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Heat a large skillet over depression heat, add together walnuts together with stir until lightly toasted together with fragrant, together with thence withdraw together with reserve the nuts together with supply the skillet to the stove.
Add 1 tablespoon crude oil to the hot skillet together with the onions together with mushrooms together with ready until merely showtime to brown, withdraw alongside a spoon together with reserve. Add the remaining tablespoon of crude oil to the pan together with the broccoli together with sauté until crisp-tender, nigh 8 minutes. Stir inwards the reserved onions, mushrooms, H2O chestnuts, garlic together with spinach fettuccini. Remove from rut together with add together the sherry, soy sauce together with sour cream. Stir gently to coat without breaking the noodles
Place mixture inwards a greased, shallow 2 1/2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle evenly alongside the reserved walnuts together with and thence the cheeses. At this betoken the casserole tin move refrigerated for upward to 2 days. Bake until cheese melts together with casserole is heated through, nigh xv - xx minutes.
Note: yous tin bake the mixture inwards whatsoever type or combination of casserole pans yous wish. If yous exercise large private ramekins, bake exclusively until the casserole is hot together with the cheese melts, nigh 10 minutes.
Enjoy!
Sumber http://cookingwithamy.blogspot.com
Enjoy!
Post a Comment