Jugged Peas

Table of Contents

I came across this 18th Century English linguistic communication recipe inwards an onetime cookbook which I believe is out of print. The grooming of this dish struck me equally interesting, then I idea I'd plow over it a try.

These lightly minted peas were quite tasty.


adapted from The Covent Garden Cookbook, 1974 past times Marie Stone
2 cups freshly shelled peas (I used frozen as well as they worked well)
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp confectioners' sugar
1/4 tsp salt
12 fresh mint leaves
freshly soil dark pepper

Put the peas into a clean, ii pound (1kg) offend amongst a close-fitting top, adding the butter, sugar, salt, mint as well as a real piffling pepper.


Cover the offend tightly as well as immerse it to one-half it's transcend inwards a pan of boiling water. Set the latter over high oestrus as well as boil briskly, uncovered.

Although Marie Stone recommends boiling the peas for nearly thirty minutes for immature ones (longer for older peas), I establish nearly xv minutes for frozen peas to endure plenty. About v minutes in, wearing oven mitts, I shook the offend a few times.
Sumber http://cookingweekends.blogspot.com

Post a Comment