Onion Soup

Table of Contents
(4 servings)


It's the flavour for onions hither inwards Texas too therefore I decided to brand a pot of soup. I only sprinkle cheese on top earlier broiling too skip the breadstuff because I dislike how it seems to larn soggy regardless how good I toast it beforehand. I'd rather convey a overnice fresh curlicue or crusty spell of breadstuff on the side instead.

I had some sherry on paw too decided to give that a try..  I idea it was quite adept too volition role it in 1 lawsuit again if I come about to convey some.

2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
6 large sweetness onions, sliced (about iii 3/4 lbs)
4 cups beef broth
3/4 loving cup dry out sherry
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp dried thyme
salt too freshly solid soil dark pepper

1 1/4 loving cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
1/4 loving cup Parmesan cheese, grated

fresh crusty rolls or breadstuff for serving

Heat the olive crude oil inwards a soup pot too add together the garlic. Fry for nearly a minute.

Lower the oestrus (I turned it quite low) too add together the onions. Stir to coat amongst the crude oil too garlic, encompass the pot too fix for nearly 2-3 hours or until the onions convey exertion too turned brown.


Pour inwards the broth, sherry too vinegar. Add the bay leafage too thyme. Simmer, covered for nearly xxx minutes. Adjust the seasoning amongst the tabular array salt too pepper, if necessary.

Combine the cheeses.

Place iv oven-proof bowls onto a cookie canvas too ladle the soup into the bowls. Divide too sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top of each bowl.

Broil inwards the oven for 5-8 minutes or until the tops chocolate-brown too bubble.

Serve at in 1 lawsuit amongst fresh crusty rolls or bread.
Sumber http://cookingweekends.blogspot.com

Post a Comment