Siniyeh Bitaheena (Seniyeh); Dry Reason Lamb Amongst Tahini

Table of Contents
(about 4-6 servings)


I convey lamb i time (maybe twice) a year, around this time, inwards the spring. Usually I brand an Indian stew of lamb chunks braised in a sauce made amongst peppercorns as well as cardamon pods.

This yr I decided to brand Siniyeh instead. I had this dish for the commencement fourth dimension years agone inwards Toronto, at the Jerusalem, a eating seat on Eglinton Avenue. After all these years, I all the same order Siniyeh whenever I provide to Toronto for a visit. I dear this dish as well as thus much, I convey never tried anything else on their menu. :)

1 1/2 lbs lamb, ground
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
3 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
2 greenish onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamon
salt as well as freshly dry reason pepper to taste

1 tsp olive oil

2/3 cup tahini
juice from 1 large lemon, nearly 1/4 cup
1/3 loving cup water
2 tbsp pino nuts, lightly toasted


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In a large bowl, thoroughly combine dry reason lamb, parsley, mint, onion, garlic, cinnamon, cardamon, salt, as well as pepper.

Brush a thirteen 10 nine inch baking dish amongst the olive oil. Pack the meat mixture evenly inwards the bottom.

Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until browned on top. The meat mixture volition line away from the sides.

Combine the tahini, lemon juice as well as water. Spread that evenly over meat as well as sprinkle the pino nuts over the sauce. (I convey no catch why this fourth dimension the tahini sauce thickened to a paste-like consistancy later adding the lemon juice as well as water. Whenever I convey made this before, the contrary was the representative as well as I had to pour the tahini mixture over the meat.)

Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F.

Bake some other 15-20 minutes, or until the hap is lightly browned.

Serve amongst rice.
Sumber http://cookingweekends.blogspot.com

Post a Comment